Monday, July 30, 2007

 

Mahan Kalpa Singh and the Pleiadian Thunder Squad

Every year the Summer Solstice Camp here in Espanola, New Mexico (USA) attracts spiritual seekers of all kind, from all over the world, and from all walks of life. It is a gathering place where you can interface with people from so many different backgrounds and religions (this year around 1,400 people came). I love the universality and oneness that people with a common spiritual goal but different backgrounds can be together. After all…we are all spiritual beings and human right?

During the week of Summer Solstice I frequently visit the sound booth which is way up high near the top of the huge shelter, and overlooks the main stage area. This is the source for connecting my recording equipment or getting audio recordings (which I have shared with you over the years). The sevadhars in the sound booth are hardcore and always seem to be on duty at all hours, tending to some audio related task. (I think there are at least 10 people on the audio team). There is something happening from around 3AM in the morning till about 11PM every night!

One person who is normally part of the sound team every year at Summer Solstice is Mahan Kalpa Singh. I have met him many times in the sound booth, but never really had a chance to get to know him better. I just recently got to know him better through some awesome music that he created. Little did I know that he was actually a music producer (and a good one!). A few weeks ago I heard about his music from a friend after our normal sunday game of ultimate frisbee. I hunted it down till I got my hands on the audio files and had a chance to listen to it. The music is great and very original, so I wanted to share it with you all too. After emailing Mahan Kalpa he was happy to allow me to post the audio files online for you all.

So, grab some headphones and have a listen to the tracks from his album "Love is Love". My thanks go out to Mahan Kalpa Singh for sharing this music and making it freely available for everyone to enjoy. I hope you make more!

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?